I know time is getting short….and I should have posted this craft months ago. Perhaps you can tuck it away until next year if this week is too crazy!
I made the gift tags with a smaller, round tag attached for the name of the recipient and gifter. The small, round tags are attached at the top of the rectangular tag with string, crochet yarn, or thin ribbon. You should be able to see both tags in the photos.
This way I can reuse the larger tag and just attach a new circle tag next year.
1. Anything you can find around the house!
2. construction paper, scrapbook paper, old notes or envelopes with interesting colors, last year’s Christmas cards, or extra cards, fabric, magazines, catalogs, handmade paper, stickers, buttons, old pins (remove pin back), old photos (make copies), plain paper
3. glitter, embossing powder (opt)
4. stamps and stamp pads
5. scissors, paper cutter (opt)
6. circle cutter..(opt)
7. markers, pens
8. Happy Tape….colorful tape to use in your tag design
9. hole punch
1. find a tag pattern, or make your own. Using construction paper or solid color scrapbook paper, make a rectangle the size you desire and snip the top corners off. Punch a hole in the center top and you are ready to start. You can also purchase blank tags in craft or scrapbook stores.
2. If you have a circle cutter, you can cut circles from magazines, catalogs, solid color paper or patterned paper. These are for the small tag with TO: and FROM: on it. I made them double sided, as I used magazine paper for color on the front. I backed it with a solid color so my writing would be legible. This is an option. You may just want to make the rectangular tag.
3. You can cut pieces of magazines and catalogs that have the colors you desire. I quickly went through catalogs and cut out blankets, quilts, tablecloths, etc. Then later I cut them to size.
4. Now the fun begins: use your creativity to combine magazine/catalog clippings, paper, old cards, ribbon, and anything you can find to make the tags your own.
tags using catalog clippings, handmade paper, stickers, scrapbook paper
catalog clippings, Happy Tape, scrapbook paper, buttons
scrapbook paper, catalog clippings, stickers
Happy Tape (2 kinds/one over the other), scrapbook paper, sticker
Click here for the Happy Tape link. (ps….check out the sale page. Great deals!)
Thanks for looking at the post!