Hello good friends…..
My daughter, Kara, is taking over tonight. She made a delicious roast when she was here over the holidays. Before she takes over, I’m going to be a “mum” and post her new blog!
She’s a reading specialist and teacher~and she has a blog reviewing books for kids, parents and teachers…and all of us really. Many of the books for young adults make good reading for adults too. Check out her blog….and pass it along to others. Thanks! Here’s the link: “Reading With Mrs. Endsley”.
*Kara’s Anniversary Roast*
Hi everyone! I took the “Awesome Red Wine Pot Roast” recipe from allrecipes.com, adapted it to my taste and renamed it. Here it is:
Kara’s Anniversary Roast
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine (merlot)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Herbs de Provence* can be purchased, or see below
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch disks
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the roast evenly with the flour and set aside. Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof Dutch oven with lid (or heavy pot, such as cast iron/ stainless steel) over medium-high heat. Brown the roast on all sides, about 10 minutes total; remove from the heat. Pour in the water and wine. Sprinkle with the Herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper. Arrange the onion slices on the roast.
- Replace the cover and bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours. Add the carrots and continue baking covered until the roast pulls apart easily with a fork, about 1 hour longer. Enjoy!!! Yum!
Combine and mix well.
Store the mixture in small airtight jars in a dark cool location.