Good evening loyal readers…..
I’ve got a scrumptious recipe tonight! These “Can’t Leave Alone” bars are so yummy….they won’t stay in your house long! Six ingredients and less than 30 minutes baking time also make it a winner. Originally published in Taste of Home magazine in 2006, the recipe was given to me by a friend after I tried them.
1. 1 box (18.25 oz) white cake mix
2. 2 large eggs
3. 1/3 cup oil
4. 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
5. 1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
6. ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter, cut small
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ x 13″ x 2″ pan.
2. Beat cake mix, eggs and oil in a large bowl with mixer until blended. Press 2/3 mixture in pan. Put the rest of the mixture aside.
3. Microwave condensed milk, chocolate and butter in a bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until mixture is smooth when stirred. Pour over crust.
4. Top with teaspoonfuls of reserved cake mixture.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Cool; cut into bars.
**The bars will look wet, even when done. Don’t over-cook, although I know all ovens are different. I’ve kept the time just slightly under 25 minutes. That way the bars stay soft and moist.
These would make a great football Game Day snack, as well as a holiday dessert (sprinkles on top??).
Give them a try!
Good night and thanks for stopping by~