Green & White Lasagna is a great choice for a meatless meal. It’s very tasty too! And, in our household, it’s also a good choice because we root for the MSU Spartans, whose colors are green and white!
For this dish you can choose any kind of lasagna noodles you desire: boil, non-boil, etc.
Oven: 350 degrees for 40 mins. Standing time: 10 mins. Dish: greased 12″ x 12″ x 7″ (we used a greased 2 qt glass baking dish)
1. 6 lasagna noodles, cooked, or uncooked, depending on the type you use. Also drain one 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, set aside.
2. ½ cup chopped onion, 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons cornstarch, 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes, 1 teaspoon dried basil- crushed, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg. **Cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in cornstarch, parsley, basil, garlic powder and nutmeg.
3. Add 2 cups milk and stir until thickened.
4. Add spinach to onion/spice/milk mixture.
5. In a medium bowl: stir together 1 ¾ cups ricotta cheese and one beaten egg.
6. Add 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese to the ricotta and egg mix. Stir well.
1. Place 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the greased dish, so the noodles cover the bottom.
2. Top with half of the ricotta-cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
3. End with spinach-milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake @350 for 40 mins. Let stand for 10 mins before serving.
Thanks for stopping by….